classes held in store
21 Parsons Street | Banbury
Face to face Classes
Our classroom is back open!! There are a few minor changes to how things operate, as we want to remain optimistic, but also cautious. Our main priority is your safety and well being, as well as providing you with excellent art education.
From Wednesday 21st July 2021, all classes will be held in our classroom space with the exception of the Monday and Tuesday evenings, and Wednesday lunchtime classes (for now). Our online classes will continue running alongside our real-life classes, so that all students can continue to feel part of the same goups, whether at home, or here.
We have limited face to face spaces to just FIVE per class, so in order for all students to benefit after 15 months of missing out, we ask that you do not block book lessons, and at least in the mean time, are more selective about the classes you attend (for now).
What we have done
- We have significantly reduced the number of students using the classroom at any one time, and allowed a metre space between each table.
- Each table is facing the front so all students can see the projection of the lesson and see the tutor.
- Perspex screens are attached to the front of each desk to protect both tutor and other users in the room
- Each desk is also fitted with a large pocket to the side to store your items.
- We will not currently be able to provide appropriate aprons, so please ensure you are wearing appropriate clothing or bring your own apron.
- We will be cleaning the classroom in between each class.
- Hand sanitiser is available on entry to the classroom, and we advise that each student uses it before coming in.
- The window and door will be open, aong with a fan, to allow for airflow, so please make sure you bring an additional layer to wear if you feel the cold.
What you can do to help
- We advise a face covering or face shield to be worn in the shop. We would request you do not remove your face covering until your hands are sanitised and you are at your seat. Of course you may wish to wear your face covering through the duration of the lesson if youfeel safer.
- Barry will be wearing a face covering whilst teaching to help you feel you are in a safe environement as possible. (We know that regulations for face coverings are no longer madatory, but we feel we still want to create a safe learning environement for all)
- Please check in at the shop till, and scan the Track and Trace QR code with the app as soon as you arrive. We will have a written record of all attendees and have a contact number for those without smart phones, and or who do not use the track and trace app.
- Coats/bags etc must only be placed on the back of your chair and under your seat/table.
- If you feel unwell at all then please DO NOT ATTEND the class or shop, and join our online version.
- Your non-refundable £5 deposit that must accompany your booking also covers your online lesson.
- Please ensure full payment for the class is made at least one week prior to the class - the £5 deposit will only cover your booking up until one week before, your space may be given to someone else offering full payment after that time.
- Students may be asked to clean their table surface and chair back upon leaving.
- Please do not loiter in the classroom or on the shop floor before or after class — we know many of you won’t have seen each other for quite a while, but sadly we cannot accommodate this at this time, as we will be cleaning all contact surfaces in between classes.
© Copyright The Artery